HAPPY BIRFDAY!!!

This post marks the 100th post for the Nationals Report. To be honest I never thought I'd live to see this day. Back when we were a wee little blog, fresh out of the womb, we were struggling for our piece of the Nats pie. And look at us now, we still don't have it!!! Wooooo! Are we bitter...no. We track the traffic on the site, we know you people read it, you're just too shy to leave comments for people that are such a big deal as me, K Swizzle and Das Hoff. Seriously though, we dont' bite. But back to the real reason we're here...

With the Nats win last night and another comical Florida loss, the Washington Nationals are in 4th place in the NLeast. Yes, I meant to leave out the space. If I recall correctly, many were picking the Marlins to be a sleeper team this year to make it deep into October. Where are the pundits now baby. Surprisingly, they're giving Manny Acta some love. On more than one occasion I've seen articles proclaiming that Acta should receive some manager of the year votes. Through my rose colored glasses, I'm going to pretend that they actually mean it, and not just that our team is a bunch of no talent ass-clowns (see: Michael Bolton). But say they are NTACs, they're still better than a lot of teams in the bigs.

What a better way to bring a team out of a hitting slump than to play a series against the Houston Astros in Minute Maid/Enron/The park with that retarded hill in CF.

I'm also convinced that we did not trade Emiliano Fruto for Willy Mo Pena. I'm pretty sure we traded for a cybernetic being from the future who's come back to kill Sarah Connor; and hit home runs. The being has been programmed to look at balls and beat out soft grounders and choppers. If only Skynet had programmed in some fielding abilities. Lets hope next year Bowden can find T-1000 and sign him too. Let's hope he can pitch.

3 comments:

Dude, weak reference.

It was the t-2000 who was the other terminator.

Comeon

(yes I didn't want to put the space in either)

August 23, 2007 at 11:46 AM  

Ummmm actually I'm right, you're wrong. Go back and watch the movie again. That being said I didn't know what it was till I looked it up

August 23, 2007 at 3:32 PM  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Now blow out your candles and make a wish!

August 24, 2007 at 5:30 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home