Your 2007 Nationals...

Alright, I'm going to try to guess the final roster, a few days before it's announced. At this point, it's pretty easy, but I'll take a win.

First Base:
Dimitri Young (starter)
Robert Fick
Nick Johnson (40-day DL)

Second Base:
Felipe Lopez
Josh Wilson

Shortstop:
Christian Guzman (Comeback player of the year)
Josh Wilson

Third Base:
Ryan Zimmerman
Ronnie Belliard

Catcher:
Brian Schneider
Jesus Flores (Rule 5 pick)

Center Field:
Nook Logan (not for long Nook, as I call him)
Ryan Church

Right Field:
Austin Kearns

Left Field:
Ryan Church
Chris Snelling

Starting Pitching:
1: John Patterson
2: Shawn Hill
3: Jerome Williams
4: Matt Chico
5: Jason Bergmann
(Jason Simontacci will take Bergmann's spot after he comes back from injury)

Bullpen:
Levale Speigner (another Rule 5 pick)
Ray King
Micah Bowie
Jon Rauch
Jesus Colome
Ryan Wagner (JUGGS)
Chad Cordero

There are some levels of variance at play (Logan's health, how Bergmann does, trades...), but this should be the roster as of Monday.

I predict, if our pitching equals last year's, which is not too difficult, we finish 81-81, just like in 2005. I'm an optimist, who wants to watch and blog if you think the team is as bad as everyone else says?

Tell me where I went wrong. Tell your friends.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home