A tip of the cap to Tim Redding as he kept the Phillies lineup off-balance all night. This is exactly the type of game that the Nats were winning in their inaugural season and just the kind of game they usually lost last year.

I kept dreading it all night, about the 6th inning is when things got really tense on my couch. Especially after Zimm hit that home run. The M.O. last year was that we'd score a run and then give up 4 in the bottom half. Good thing that didn't happen today.

We're well on our way to my prediction of the playoffs!

3 comments:

OK, you guys can stop winning now. That would be nice.

But hey, as long as you keep beating the Phillies, I'm happy.

April 2, 2008 at 10:58 PM  

Hey, we gave you Ryan Church, what else do you want from us?

Speaking of Ryan Church how the hell did he go deep off a lefty let alone hit the ball. He was dreadful last year against paws. By the end of the season he only started against rightys.

April 3, 2008 at 8:05 AM  

I don't know. I love him though.

He's got a canon too.

April 3, 2008 at 10:48 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home